BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Food "Substitutions"

Well, I weighed in, and to my dismay, I didn't lose any weight. Sigh. That's ok though, I'm going to keep on pushing through. My clothes are definitely fitting better, which is a good sign! I have a hard time measuring myself, but I'm going to try to do that anyway, to see if I'm losing some inches.

This post I wanted to share with you all some great "diet friendly" foods I have come across! I'm usually not a big fan of "substitues" especially when they TASTE like substitutes, but these following items are actually delicious.

Vitalicious Products - They make "vitatops" (which are supposed to be like the tops of muffins), Muffins, brownies, cakes and more. With WW, they vary between 1 and 2 points per item! They are super high in fiber, really most and very delicious. You can find them in the frozen aisles of your local foodstore or purchase them online. They are a little pricey, averaging about $3.50 a box, but they are so worth the indulgence!

Smart Ones Desserts - If you haven't tried these, you need to. They are a REALLY great alternative to other high fat desserts. They all taste great (trust me, I've tried every one!) and they range between 3 - 4 points with WW. Very often you can find coupons and paired with sales they can be a great deal. You can purchase a box of 2 desserts at Wal-Mart for under $2. Here is a $1/5 coupon.

Slim Fast 100 Calorie Snack Bars - Usually, I'm not a fan of Slim fast products, but after being able to try a bar for free, I am hooked! The Peanut Butter Crunch Time bar tastes EXAXCTLY like a Butterfinger bar, but is only worth 2 points! Usually a box is under $4 for 6 bars.

Atkins Endulge Bar - Again, usually not a huge fan of "bars" or the Atkins diet, but after trying the Chocolate Caramel Mousse bar for free - I'm loving them! They are super good and worth 2 points a bar, a great filling snack and helps with the sweet tooth! These are a little more pricey, ranging at about $4.50 a box.

Deli Flats/Sandwich Thins - Love bread, but don't want all of the calories,carbs, etc? These are for you! They are SUPER yummy and worth ONLY 1 POINT! How cool is that? You can buy a package at Wal-Mart for $2.50 for 8.

Tips for Healthier Choices:

-Have Pretzels and dip, rather than Potato chips!
-Use Hummus instead of Mayo on your sandwich, adds a lot more flavor and takes away the fat!
-Substitue Ground Beef for Ground Turkey.

Have any other ideas, "diet food" you like or tips? Leave a comment!
Thanks and God bless :).

0 comments: