BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Find Your Escape

This weekend was tough for me. Well, Sunday was tough for me - food wise. Saturday went well, put in all my food, added up all of my points, did my P90x and jogged a mile. I was feeling pretty great, actually! Then, Sunday hit. My morning started off with a very sick husband and two rather unhappy children. However, I still ate a good breakfast, headed off to church (with LIPSTICK on! Wow.) and had a good friend with me who I haven't seen in forever. I came home though and made one huge mistake: I failed to plan my eating for the remainder of the day. Without a plan, I had nothing to go by, and a doughnut and 5 oreos later... I was very unhappy. Today was also my day off from work out - which made it all the worse. I pretty much used up my entire 35 point allowance for the week. Bummer.

So, what did I learn?

A. Doughnuts smell great, taste good and sit right on my hips.
B. Even if Oreos are free and a bag of your favorite Hershey Cherry Cordial Kisses are only $0.75, that doesn't mean you should pick them up. Once they're in the house, they somehow find their way into my stomach and... right on my hips.
C. But, chocolate is so good.
D. Just staring at carrots is not enough.
E. Try the pink lipstick - you actually might like it.
F. If God is bigger than the boogie man, He's bigger than your appetite, too.

So, now it's coming up to Monday. I finally have all of the P90x DVDs and the schedule so I officially kick off my 90 day program tomorrow. (I've been doing what DVDs I have for the past few weeks, which have been very helpful.) I have no more "extra points" to splurge on, so it's going to be an interesting rest of the week.

This Week's Goal:
To begin the process of destroying my idol: food.

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. 1 Cor 10:13-14

I love that this verse says that God will provide an escape. We all must find what our "escape" is. I'm sure reading the Word is always a good start.

Hope your weekend was as productive as mine, let me know how it went. Even if you had struggles, like myself, try to learn what you can from them and continue on.

God is good! WE CAN DO THIS!

1 comments:

Emily Marie said...

I've found that eating fat free Ricotta cheese with a little bit a vanilla extract and unsweetened cocoa does the trick when you are craving sweet stuff... and it's healthy! Stay strong Erin!